I just plopped down a hundred bucks to the Red Cross and you should too. Does anyone know a way to volunteer hands-on, rather than just sending in money? I'm still young and able-bodied enough to fill sandbags (and oh lord am I practiced at that!), carry jugs of water and dodge bullets. Thought that whole dodging bullets thing was over with, but with America sinking faster and faster I should be grateful that I'm at least experienced. You could say that I have a headstart.
This sucks. While wandering around the British museum today and reading about lost civilisations I kept thinking about what I would do if MY civilization were to collapse (a reality made increasingly possible with each passing day). What would my band of survivors be like? Where would we settle? What would our specialties be? What would my place in the tribe be? What is my place in the tribe now? Sigh. Too much deep thinking today. BTW, the British Museum has a great book shop! I think I spent as much time in there as I did in the whole rest of the museum. Tomorrow I'm going to try and hit the Natural History museum. Not that it's anything significant compared to the other museums in London, but Natural History is something that has just always interested me, so I must go. Hopefully I won't do as I did today and walk around London for 2 hours trying to find the damn place.
I almost bought a t-shirt today that read "BUSH & SONS: AMERICAN BUTCHERS est 1989," but the £24.99 price tag and the XL size stopped me. Virgin music superstore was the single most expensive CD store I've ever stepped into. At first I was appalled with System of a Down and Green Day's CDs being £13.99 ($26.20, roughly), but then I saw Flogging Molly's Drunken Lullabies for £16.99 ($30.00) and I turned around and left. Franz Ferdinand was also £13.99 so it wasn't an issue of import/export, as Franz is Scottish.
I've been looking forward to my drive home when I return, until recently. The thought of extremely high gas prices has got me thinking that I should get home as fast as possible and maybe camp along the way. Cripes, that trip is going to cost me more than my 3 weeks in Europe!
Well, that's all for now. Remember, DONATE!!
Friday, September 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment