Saturday, March 15, 2008

At the War Protest Today

Socialist Guy: "Come to our presentation later over at the Yankee Capitalist tent."

Me: "The what?"

SG: "The anti-capitalist tent."

Me: "Oh."

That's what happens when you pronounce it 'an-tee' instead of 'an-tie', like neck 'tie' or 'Thai' food. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed there wasn't a Yankee Capitalist tent. It could have been next to the Yankee Imperialist tent and a band could play "Party at Ground Zero" and the world would turn to flowin' pink vapor stew. Now THAT would be a war protest!

4 comments:

Middle Child said...

Lnaguage is a funny thing... there is a book I like called "Lost for Words" by Hugh Lunn (Hmmm may do a post on that) which is about how rich our language was before the world became so international... We have a term "She'll be ridgey didge" and those of us over a certain age and more likely growing up in the bush knew it meant "things'll be okay" there was so muh colour in some of the long phrases which most knew exactly...now its short and stupid and comes of TV... ah well must be just getting olde worlde...

pleased to see you back Sara... have you heard from Charlie or Amy of late. I miss some of the old bloggers who just went pouf.

Middle Child said...

Sorry pressed twice and if I could type properly I'd be dangerous...

Sara said...

There's some depressing anthropological statistic that shows how many languages we lose each DAY or something like that. One of those effects of globalization.

Haven't heard from either of those two. :( They'll be back, hopefully.

I've been posting on my travel blog, since I've been on a roadtrip to Texas. http://maps-shmaps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Fishbone! hey, you should send me an address so I can send you letters!