Off tomorrow to Dublin! My flight doesn't leave until 11:30am and because it's actually out of Portland and not all the way up in Seattle, all I have to do is wander up to the MAX station and take the light rail over to the airport. A 20-minute train ride is a helluva lot better than a 3-5 hour drive, and I don't have to deal with parking and having someone pick up my car.
Of course I haven't packed, but since my layover in Atlanta is not nearly enough time to pick up baggage, recheck in, and then go through customs and security I'm only packing what I can fit in a carry-on - basically, a change of clothes and a camera. On the way home, I have an 8-hour layover in New York, so I can bring home all the goodies I want, plus probably have time to take the bus into Manhattan or something and have a drink. More than likely though I'll just hang out at JFK and watch the birds (did I blog about that before? There were birds all over that damn airport last time I went through there).
Timbers won away! Shittle lost at home! Back to the top of the table! In this league, "winning the league" is only a cup and it's not a very important one at that. So while it's nice to chant "we're top of the league!" it doesn't really mean a whole lot. Plus, it seems that every team to win the Commissioner's Cup, as it's called, has lost badly in the first round of the playoffs. As I'm missing the first two rounds of the playoffs this would be UNACCEPTABLE. I refuse to believe I've been to my last Timbers game this year. As it is, I'll be wandering around Ireland, searching for broadband to try and watch online in the middle of the night. I will be back for the championship, however. It'd be nice, and it's quite likely too, if we played one of the Cascadia teams in the championship. That way even if it's an away game, a lot of supporters could make the trip.
OK, gonna write down some phone numbers, make some lists, check 'em twice. Next post will be on Are We There Yet?.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
dublin? how exciting. come and visit.
Oh dear... I am so pleased for you. Dublin... one day I will go back to an ireland to which have never been... why I say "go back" is sort of an honour thing with my great grandparents and all of that...they survived and because they did ...we are...and they really slogged it out with no safety nets. Enjoy Sara
The Cottam! I love how you can never stay away too long from your beloved Ireland. Perhaps you should live there and I'll come visit!
Post a Comment