In fact, I can barely conjure up 150 words for this one. A long night it shall be.
Update:Somehow I am just tickled that I've managed to type two whole pages on this nonsense. Nevermind that it's four am and I'm not yet done. Still, I'm pleased.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Unsure what you mean...did you have to write about this or disect it or sommat? I am curious...
I was supposed to write a 5-8 page research paper about how this painting "exemplifies a certain stage in the artist's career or certain aesthetic or philosophical concerns he may have entertained."
At least he said the 5-8 pages was more of a guideline than a rule. I tend to be as concise as possible. I hate having to drivle on through a subject that only deserves two pages. (I made it to three with leftovers).
God I hate this class.
Ah, college... It looks to me like the artist was undergoing a low point of inspiration, neither wanting to wait for the Muse to come up with some Wagneresque masterpiece of stormclouds and lightning-bolts nor terribly interested in the physical aspects of looking for inspiration in remote locations or musty books of mythology. A couple of hours of waiting by the river with an easel and a palette and a few more hours of painting sufficed. It was, perhaps, some kind of a reaction against Romanticism in pictorial art that valued the portrayal of something more relaxing than the wrath of vengeful pagan deities upon the unworthy world. There may have been a glass of Pinot Noir involved. Of course, I would have had to leaven that with adjectives to reach the required minimum of words.
You know, these days with the dumbed down education we all experience, just keep writing Sara, the more obtuse the better, if they can't understand it, but it sounds good...well might make them afraid to admit they haven't got the brains and you'll get away with it.
Sad huh!
You would have experienced more than most people twice you age...maybe this sort of stuff can help in essays... and make it as raw and real... but then they'd provbably fail you... good luck
Hello! No... it was the Zupan's on W Burnside & NW 23rd. But mapquest says that they're only 2 or 3 miles apart (I forget which-- I looked it up last night), so hey!
Yes, let's hang out, even if it's only to drink and bitch about the weather... or talk about your 7th grade crush on Jake Dorr. Yay-uh!
Don't you leave Sara...Charlie's gone, DS and Amy almost gone, sob...most of the oldies (but goodies) tis the way of the world I suppose.
Oh, I'm here. Just visiting my parents over the break and their internet connection is slowwwwwwwwwww. Plus, I spent most of yesterday in a car/towtruck. Long story. Perhaps I'll get a blog in on it. Thank you for posting so much, too. At least you and Gina are prolific!
Post a Comment